Saturday, March 15, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Pizza


Hot wings. Good. Pizza. Good. Hot wing pizza. Oh. My. Lawd.

I found this wonderful recipes a la allrecipes.com, and I have already made it twice...in one week...which explains why my pants are tight.

The boys all loved it, and my hubby even kissed me...on the mouth no less...after he took a bite. What can I say, he is a sucker for gourmet haute cuisine (bwahaha...don't judge food snobs). Plus, the boys loved it, despite it's spiciness, and when they opt for the food I make over paper, flip flops or biting each other...well...that's a winner in my book.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed (I sauteed mine in EVOO with salt and pepper, then shredded it. WAY more flavor. Or, to save time, go get a rotisserie chicken from the store.)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (2 ounce) bottle hot sauce (I used Franks Original, always the best!)
1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing (I used Blue Cheese, but only added enough to cover the crust liberally.)
1 (16 inch) prepared pizza crust (I used the easy to prepare Betty Crocker crust in a bag, just add water!)
1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese (I alternated both mozzarella cheese & a colby, monterey jack mix for extra flavor!)


PREP: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook and shred chicken

1. Prepare crust per instructions, roll out on a foil lined cookie sheet. (Spritz the foil lightly with Pam so it doesn't stick)

2.
In a medium bowl combine the cubed chicken, melted butter and hot sauce. Mix well. Spread whole bottle of salad dressing over crust, then top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.

3.
Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing, and serve.

Ok...I am totally making this again today.

***Pictures to come, still unable to retrieve them from camera due to slobbery incident between my youngest and the memory card. Patience folks.


9 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

I do love hot wings - especially the sauce - it is not the chicken I really care for! Isn't that weird???

Brittany said...

I LOVE the sauce too! I always add it to my eggs and even baked potatoes!

mara said...

I had found you through Michelle's blog... brittany you're priceless. I'm loving every post. ...I made this today, and I might be making it again tomorrow :)
a great addition- chopped red onion.
Thanks for the recipe!

mara said...

oooh shite- this is mara by the way!

Brittany said...

OMG MARA! I miss ya girl! I am so glad to hear from you!

And great call on the red onions...actually, I am making this tonight (so wrong, I eat this entirely TOO MUCH!), so I am going to add the onions for sure!

Laura Paterson said...

Mmmm... ok... I'll go make this now... you've twisted my arm... yummmmm....

gwendomama said...

thanks alot. now i will not be able to rest until i can make this.
and i live 1/2 hr from a grocery.

April said...

ooooh, i make a very similar pizza but with Ken's Steak House Buffalo Wing Sauce. never thought to put the blue cheese underneath everything... (usually i dribble it over the cooked pizza) gonna have to try it your way. Mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

barefootfoodie.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.