Wednesday, February 6, 2008

60 Easy Minutes to Yum

I am sure everyone has a version of this dish. It's the easiest thing to make when it's yucky outside, and you are too tired to get all fancy. It's also easy to alter, add in some fresh veggies, or different soup flavors. Here is the version I grew up with, and the "I won't eat anything but paper" 1 year old loves it, so it's a winner in my book:)

Mushroom Chicken Bake

4 Chicken Breasts (They can be even be FROZEN and the cooking time is the SAME..hello...easiness!)
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom
1 can condensed Cream of Chicken
1 cup Milk
Salt
Chili Powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 glass cooking dish

3. In a separate bowl, mix together Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken and milk
***Add more or less milk to make it the consistancy of your liking. I prefer it to be as thick as pancake batter

4. Season the chicken with salt and chili powder (to your preference)

5. Pour soup mixture over all the chicken, and bake in the oven for 60 minutes.


6. Serve over white rice. Delish.


The perfect family meal that doesn't result in me force feeding my toddler. Yay!

No comments: