Friday, February 1, 2008

Enchiladas

I rarely tackle Mexican food. I blame acid reflux, and a general distaste for beans, but it takes a really yummy recipe to get me on board, and my mom's enchiladas do the trick! Like all my dishes, this is low fat....hahahaha....just kidding. My dishes are rarely low fat, which is why they are scrumptious! Feel free to low fat this one up all ya want, but I like my food chubby and au' naturale.


2 pounds Ground Beef
6 flour Tortillas
1 can refried beans
1 can Mild Enchilada Sauce (Feel free to go wild and get it spicier:)
1 can condensed Tomato Soup
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom
3/4 cup BBQ Sauce (I use Original Mississippi BBQ Sauce)
1 bag shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese (again, go with your preferences here)
1 large Tomato
1 Bag of Shredded Lettuce
Sour Cream

*Makes 6 enchiladas in a 9x13 dish

PREP:
Preheat over to 350 degrees
Dice tomatoes for topping after cooking

1. Brown ground beef and drain.

2. Add 1/2 can of refried beans to ground beef, mixing together well, discard the rest.

3. Add BBQ Sauce to the meat and bean mixture. Stirring to coat.

4. In a tortilla, add meat and a layer of shredded cheese. Roll tortilla to close (like a burritto), and stick width wise in the baking dish. Continue until 6 enchiladas are wrapped and placed. Cover tortillas in a layer of shredded cheese.


5. In a separate bowl, combine enchilada sauce, tomato soup, and cream of mushroom. DO NOT ADD ANY EXTRA LIQUIDS. Whisk to mix.

6. Pour entire mixture over tortillas and then cover with another layer of shredded cheese.


7. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.

8. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Plate and cover with toppings of your choice (tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, guac, and on and on).


Enjoy the cheesy goodness:)

No comments: