Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tastes Like Homemade Delicious!


Rave! Rave! Rave! I am not a canned soup girl...heck...I only make soup from scratch, and think that most processed, pre-made soups taste...odd. So, this is a biggie for me. On a whim, I decided to try a package of Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup Mix, and out of desperation for something warm (brrr), today was the day I pulled this bad boy out.

It's simple as can be to make, add soup mix to 8 cups of boiling water, but the beauty is in the details darling. I guess, as far as potato soup goes, it would taste fine just as it is. But...I can never NOT mess with anything, so I decided to do a little freezer cleaning, and add my own touch to the soup pot. I added a bag of frozen corn, some chopped up bacon, and some yummy chicken tenderloins I sauteed up with salt and pepper, and diced up before tossing in the pot. I let it all work together in the pot for about 15 minutes on low heat..boom..in the bowl, topped with cheddar cheese and scallions.

Even my 1 year old cleaned his bowl (and I am sure it had NOTHING to do with his new Lighting McQueen spoon).

Heaven!

No comments: