Monday, June 30, 2008

Random midday thoughts...

1. I am debating joining a gym, the only one somewhat near me is Curves. However, I have a few doubts. One, I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that the owners of Curves secretly shovel money to radical conservative pro-life groups. Two, the only women I see go in there wear sweatshirts with puffy paint on them. The only bright side to this, besides the whole exercise thing, is that I could go early in the morning with really hairy legs and armpits. Thoughts?

2. My mom called me this morning to tell me I need to be nicer to others. And, to really drive her point home, she reminded me just how unhappy Jesus gets when I call someone a ball sac . This is probably true, but I'd like to think Jesus has way more on his hands these days than adding another notch to my curse word score card.

Jesus: Listen, do you think maybe you could tone things down a bit?
Me: Yeah, yeah, I know. Things just fly out sometimes.
Jesus: Oh no, totally cool, I get it. It's just that your mom keeps getting on me about your mouth, and I just gotta try and keep the peace, ya know.
Me: Oh, for sure. Again, so sorry.
Jesus: Nah, it's all good in the hood, baby.
Me: ...
Jesus: Soooo...can you believe Chelsea finally got kicked of So You Think You Can Dance?!
Me: Jesus Christ, I know, about fucking time, right...er...fuck.

3. I will be briefly out of town in the next day or so, but I have lined of a sweet ass guest blogger, so I am pretty excited to see what she comes up with for you. She is a hilariously snarky non-blogger, so I feel confident she won't disappoint.

4. Did anyone else think, after watching Big Love, that they could totally be a polygamist? Or is it just me? I mean, I am not talking about the compound living, prairie dress wearing, hair down to my ass polygamist, but I could totally be a Big Love polygamist, especially if that meant getting my own house, and only having to put out every third day.

13 comments:

Emily said...

Curves is kinda crappy. I went with my mom for a while, and I thought it wasn't really worth the money.

I think you're really nice. Is your mom fucking crazy?

Where are you going? Vacation?

You put out more than every third day as it is? You're not doing something right...

Jen said...

Yes, I could totally be a polygamist like on Big Love. They make it sound like a really good deal, and I could be Margene. How much fun would that be?? Of course, I'd want my sister wives to be like Margene, too, and I'm not sure if 3 Margenes would work.

Momisodes said...

ROFL!!!!!

There's no doubt he's watching So you think you can dance ;)

Sizzle said...

I went to Curves for a while but quickly grew bored. You have to do the same machine cycle every time. BOOOOORING!

coffeygirlb said...

Haha, NO, no I am not takin a ride on the hot tamale train! Love your take on the curves corporation! Their commercials kill me and I can never hear "this little light of mine" without thinking of those sad sad ladies! Thanks for stopping by:)

Not Just Any Jen said...

I think Curves is really geared for older type ladies, and personally, I would never be happy at a place like that. My mom did it for a while, and lost weight, but she fell off the bandwagon.

I belong to a gym that has dayare all day, so I really enjoy that time to myself. Although it is a total pain in the ass getting everyone ready and out the door.

Your mom seems sweet. Too funny!
Have a great time off!
Jen

Hollie said...

Thanks for the comment! I know what you mean about curves...it seems that way. I usually like the larger gyms that offer all different classes. It's always more fun to go with a friend!
Fun blog!

Emily said...

That's so funny about puffed paint on shirts. I haven't thought about puffed paint in years. That's interesting about Curves and where the money goes. I believe it.

Rab said...

Puffy paint! I love that stuff! Well... errr, did. When I was 11. I covered my converse in puffy glitter daisies. Ahh those were the days.

And I THINK THE SAME ABOUT BIG LOVE! haha thought I was a freak.

Dejoni said...

I go to Curves..yeah, I know it's lame. But no matter how crappy I look...I always seem to look pretty good in compared to my Rolling Stones Tee and their puffy shirt tee. It really boost my self esteem. I really don't get that when I go to a gym with all those blonde skinny bitches whose hips have never spread from childbirth.My group at curves are funny and real. They don't care if your a size 0 or a 26. It was a pretty good workout for me and my group mixes it up pretty often to keep it interesting. Go try once or twice for free.

Shelly... said...

I think Curves is a good starting point if you are out of shape, but after about 3-6 months it gets OLD and it's hard to get your heart rate up where you need it to be because the exercises aren't very hard to do after a while.
And I love the words "ball sac" I will have to add it to my list of naughty words! :)
Hope you have fun "out of town"!

Unknown said...

since when are you to good for puffy paint sweatshirts?

Ali said...

I think I belonged to a gym for about a month. A 30 minute treadmill session would somehow end up taking 90 minutes out of my day. It was always my luck to work out next to a chatty cathy, too. Bleh.